ITEM 6606. "FROM THE / LABORATORY
- OF / G.W. MERCHANT / CHEMIST - LOCKPORT, N.Y.," bright
bluish green, rectangular with concave beveled edges, tubular
pontil scar, 5 ½"H, applied sloping collar, mint.
Blown at the Lockport Glass Works, Lockport, NY, 1840-1860.
This attractively colored Merchant bottle is a superlative example
exhibiting a jagged tube pontil scar, brilliant glass and boldly
embossed lettering. As shown, the glass passes light evenly from
top to bottom, revealing a pleasing array of suspended bubbles.